Finding Your Passion
I believe for most of us the time will come when we begin reevaluating our choices in life; asking ourselves: is this really how I want to live the rest of my life? You may feel you are stuck in a miserable situation, whether you are in a dead-end job, overweight and out of shape, or you’re in a loveless relationship. Many people out there are living their life just to get by and survive. More often than not people may even feel a little bit afraid to take the necessary steps to change their situation. You can either just survive, or you can choose to succeed. Success comes by following your heart and finding your passion. It’s never too late to choose a new path or strengthen an old one.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover.”
– Mark Twain
To identify your passion, try these three simple steps.
Find your passion
1. What brings a permanent smile to your face?
2. What can you see yourself doing all day long?
3. Do you love it so much you would do it for free?
Face your fears
1. Ask yourself, what’s the worst thing that can happen? Prepare to accept or improve upon it.
2. Identify the risk involved. Take a chance.
3. Have faith and take the first step.
1. Prioritize and make a list of necessary steps to reach your goal
2. Start small and everything will begin fall in place, one by one.
3. Get Support from those that will encourage, motivate, and inspire you on your journey
Recently, I caught up with life coach and career expert Polly Giblin (www.pollygiblin.com). Polly’s advice on finding your purpose and passion is to ask yourself: what’s your heart saying? Polly said, for most of us, finding our way in the world has more to do with what others think we should be doing, than what our heart tells us to do. She says when you allow yourself to recognize the small voice within; you can begin taking new actions toward living your dreams.
When you actually decide what your passions are, you may feel that they are a little foolish and crazy. If so, you are probably on the right track to brilliance. Be a pioneer, instead of going down the path where everyone else is. Blaze your own trail; that is what will set you apart and make you great. There will always be naysayers and those who stand on the sidelines and criticize. Wouldn’t you rather get out there and live your life then watch it go by wishing: I could a, would a, should a? The more steps you take towards your dreams, the happier you will become.