Are you interested in art? Have you been struggling to express yourself? In this episode, I talk with Morgan Beard. She has dedicated her life to using creativity to heal and empower. Managing depression and anxiety since age 13 made personal development non-negotiable. As an art therapist in New York, she worked in a public elementary school, an adult inpatient psychiatric unit, and a 183-bed nursing home. Her life came to a screeching halt after burning out in pursuit of licensure and entering another major depressive episode. She began building her life coaching business, working with individuals to create holistically fulfilling lives and families to increase communication and harmony.
Questions I asked:
- How did you get into art therapy?
- What do art therapists due?
- How do we get to the root of our issue with art therapy?
- Does it matter if you don’t have art skills?
- Is everyone capable of art?
- How can we overcome depression and live our best lives?
- Why do we need to step back and sit with ourselves?
- How do you silence your inner critic?
- How do you get out of your head?
- How do we get to our authentic self?
- How do you figure out what you want?
- What can we do today to dig deeper into this?
- Where can people find you online?
- Art Therapy.
- Emotional clarity.
- Stress relief.
- Goal setting.
- Negative thoughts.
Quotes from the show:
- “Being a therapist didn’t bring my creativity to the table.” Morgan Beard @SisterhoodSweat
- “Find your small YES’s.” Morgan Beard @SisterhoodSweat
- “I see people through the lens of art.” Morgan Beard @SisterhoodSweat
- “Art therapists choose the medium for a client’s project.” Morgan Beard @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s not about getting to a place where you never have that negative thought, but it’s stepping into awareness of what to do next.” Morgan Beard @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Morgan:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
“Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T”
My daily energy stems from mushrooms… mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!