Are you struggling in overtraining or obsessive dieting? Have you been focused on only weight loss? In this episode we dive into achieving balance in our lives right now, instead of being obsessed with something that isn’t working for you. In this episode I talk with Samantha Kellgren, a certified health coach with a background in personal training and run coaching, and a healthy obsession with personal development, joins us to discuss how she overcame unhealthy obsessions in order to find true joy in her life. We discuss the struggles of breaking out of unhealthy obsessions, as well as the feeling of not being enough. We really talk about finding a good relationship with yourself first and foremost and finding the healthy balance in your healthy lifestyle.
Questions I asked:
- Can you get started into fitness and your change from running to yoga?
- How did your personal journey of not enough look for you?
- How to you balance your training and listening to your body?
- How to we break unhealthy obsessions?
- How does overtraining take away from enjoying your life?
- What does identity have to do with overtraining?
- Why do we need to control everything?
- What surprised you when you gave up running?
- What can you tell us about body acceptance?
- Obsessive thoughts.
- Not being enough.
- Finding balance in your life.
- Fertility and Exercise.
- Giving yourself rest.
- Healthy not obsessed.
- Look at the bigger picture.
Quotes from the show:
- “Find something that’s active that you love doing.” @LiveSimplyWell @SisterhoodSweat
- “I want not fueling my body enough to be running marathons.” @LiveSimplyWell @SisterhoodSweat
- “I needed someone to tell me, you can’t do this if you want to have a baby.” @LiveSimplyWell @SisterhoodSweat
- “Listen to yourself, you need to rest.” @LiveSimplyWell @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Samantha:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
“Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T”
My daily energy stems from mushrooms… mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/17214611/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2471930/custom-color/dd3089″ height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Check out this episode!