Are you interested in improving your performance? Have you been struggling to grow your business? Today, we’re figuring out how performance coaching for athletes can actually impact your business. We’re talking about important skills like listening, confidence, humility, and getting out of your comfort zone. In this episode, I talk with Alan Stein, Jr., performance coach and public speaker. He spent 15 years working with the highest-performing athletes on the planet (including NBA superstars Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, and Kobe Bryant), and now teaches groups like Pepsi, Starbucks, American Express, Under Armour, and UGG proven strategies to improve individual and organizational performance, create effective leadership, increase team cohesion and collaboration, and develop winning mindsets, rituals, and routines. Alan joins us to discuss why you need a good work ethic, as well as how performance coaching can help your business grow. We also discuss why failure can be a learning tool, in order to grow to the next level.
Questions I asked:
- How did you get started as a performance coach?
- Can you share how you worked with Kobe?
- Why is failure our best teacher?
- What is one failure that you learned from?
- Why is listening so important?
- What do you think makes a person coachable?
- Why do you think it’s important to know where we’re weak?
- Why do we need to step outside our comfort zone?
- How can we use the pandemic to improve ourselves?
- What are the five commonalities of a champion?
- What mantras do you say when you’re trying to achieve a goal?
- You don’t need to outwork everyone.
- Solid work ethic.
- Failure and opportunity.
- Performance coaching.
- Importance of listening.
- Humility and Confidence.
- Knowing your weaknesses.
- Preparation is vital.
Quotes from the show:
- “Failure, if approached correctly, can be a learning tool.” @AlanSteinJr @SisterhoodSweat
- “If you don’t get the result you wanted, it’s a learning opportunity.” @AlanSteinJr @SisterhoodSweat
- “The skill of listening alone has changed my life.” @AlanSteinJr @SisterhoodSweat
- “We all love to talk to someone who is a great listener.” @AlanSteinJr @SisterhoodSweat
- “Confidence is earned through demonstrated performance, but we need to blend it with humility.” @AlanSteinJr @SisterhoodSweat
- “You need to make sure that the way you view yourself is accurate.” @AlanSteinJr @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Alan:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
“Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T”
My daily energy stems from mushrooms… mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/17117045/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2471930/custom-color/dd3089″ height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Check out this episode!